Tuesday 8 July 2014

I Want to be a Yogini

Why do I want to be a Yogini? What is a Yogini? Let me answer the latter question first. A Yogini is a woman who practices yoga. It is the feminine form of the masculine word Yogi. Now for the first question: I want to be a Yogini because I believe it is the best way for me to live a fulfilling life. The teachings of yoga are very similar to the teachings of most religions without it being an actual religion. Anyone can practice yoga, it does not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist etc. yoga is for everyone. I am being called towards this way of life, and I am accepting this call. As the title states I want to be a Yogini so, I am not an expert. My posts on yoga will be the discoveries I have made from my personal studies on Yoga. Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect about anything.

My journey will be one of theoretical and practical learning. I am currently focusing on my theoretical learning. I have been reading books, and doing research on the internet. I want to equip myself with the knowledge I need before I start to practise the various poses.

I do not have yoga master. Am I looking for one? I don't know. I know this may sound corny, but I believe that when the time is right I will meet my yoga master. I definitely want to have an encounter with a yoga master at some point in my life, I'm just not actively looking for one right now.

I think this pretty much covers my introduction post for my yoga journey. Unfortunately, I am lazy so it may take a while, but I'm in no rush. Stick around and grow with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment